Body Image Group: Befriending Your Body
Group Participation Agreement
- I will keep what is said in group private.
It is expected that group members maintain confidentiality within the group. Group members are expected to keep the names of other participants, as well as individual disclosures within the group setting, confidential unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
- I understand that if I say certain things, the facilitators might be legally obligated to break confidentiality.
As regulated health professionals, facilitators may have certain limits to their ability to maintain confidentiality. Generally, this can involve yourself or someone else being at imminent risk of harm, or a child being harmed or neglected this will be discussed in more detail in the consent form you will complete upon registration.
- I understand that I must have a private space to attend the group and that I must have my camera on.
In order for yourself and other members to participate fully and confidentially, it is required that you have a private space in which to attend group sessions where you can be uninterrupted for the duration of the session. It is required that all participants have their camera on in order to help verify that you are the sole participant.
- I understand that if I miss 2 or more sessions, I will be required to leave the group.
It is expected that you will attend all 6 sessions. In the event that you miss more than 2 sessions, you will be required to leave the group.
- I will arrive to group on time and not impaired by substances. It is expected that group members will arrive to sessions on time and not impaired by substances. Group members are not to consume substances during sessions, including drinking alcohol, smoking, or vaping.
- I understand I need to pay the entire amount, regardless of attendance. Payment is for the group in its entirety, not individual sessions. You are required to make payments in accordance with the payment schedule regardless of your attendance or satisfaction. In the event that you are asked to leave the group, payment in its entirety is still required.
- I understand that my participation is voluntary and that I don’t have to do or say anything I don’t want to. It is expected that group members will participate to the best of their ability. However, ultimately this is all voluntary. If there is an activity that you want to opt out of, including answering specific questions, you are welcome to opt out. The exception to this is having your camera on; it is mandatory that group members have their camera on in order to ensure confidentiality for other group members.
- I understand that group sessions are not solely for my benefit as an individual member. The role of the facilitators is to maintain an environment that benefits the group as a whole. This is different from individual therapy or counselling, where the focus is solely on your individual benefit. In order to maintain group wellbeing, the facilitators may need to moderate the frequency, duration, or content of your personal disclosures. It is recommended that group participants pursue individual therapy as needed.
- I am over 19 years of age. I will be physically located in New Brunswick, Ontario, or Nova Scotia for the duration of the group. I believe that I am a good fit for group sessions. If the facilitators assess differently, I understand that I may be required to leave the group. Group members must be 19 years of age or older, and physically located in New Brunswick, Ontario, or Nova Scotia for the duration of the group. Groups may not be an appropriate resource for all participants or all concerns. If you require a different level of care, are medically unstable (eg due to disordered eating or substance use), or at immediate risk of harming yourself or others, group is likely not the best avenue for you to receive care.
- I will treat facilitators and other group members with respect. Group members are not to harass, stalk, bully, or otherwise engage in inappropriate behaviour with facilitators or other group members. The facilitators are there to ensure an atmosphere of care and respect. Facilitators can request or require that I leave the group at any time and for any reason.
I understand that I may be asked to leave the group if my behaviour is not in alignment with this agreement.
To express interest for this group, click here or email Raquel@BirchStand.ca